Ultimaker PP (polypropylene) is durable. It has high toughness, exceptional fatigue resistance, and low friction. It also has good chemical, temperature, and electrical resistance. PP is one of the most widely used plastics on the planet. From electrical components to living hinges, PP is the go-to material for prototyping and end-use products.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker PP:
- Durable with high toughness and fatigue resistance (PP retains its shape after torsion, bending, and/or flexing)
- ? Low friction and smooth surfaces
- ? Good heat resistance (up to 105°C)
- ? Semi-flexible
- ? Chemical resistance to a wide range of bases and acids, including industrial cleaning agents
- ? High electrical resistance makes it a good electrical insulator
- ? Very resistant to moisture
- ? Translucent
- ? Low density resulting in lightweight parts (high strength-to-weight ratio)
- ? Excellent layer bonding
- ? Adequate bed adhesion and low warping when using Advanced 3D Printing Kit stickers
- ? Recyclable, for low environmental impact
PP has high fatigue resistance and does not break when repeatedly bent. Clamps and living hinges can remain functional over the lifetime of the part.
PP is widely used in end products. Create functional prototypes and print in the same material as the end product for the ultimate in prototyping.
PP features good layer bonding, and it is an excellent choice when the design requires transfer of light for aesthetic or other reasons.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.